This coming Saturday, January 25, more than a dozen museums in Southern California will be free! The event is called the ”Museums Free-For-All,” so you know it must be good.
This is the ninth annual Museums Free-For-All, and it includes art, science, cultural heritage, and natural history institutions. Twenty museums will be participating — here’s the full list:
- Annenberg Space for Photography
- Armory Center for the Arts
- The Autry National Center of the American West
- California African American Museum
- California Science Center
- Fowler Museum at UCLA
- The Getty Center
- The Getty Villa
- Hammer Museum
- Japanese American National Museum
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Los Angeles Fire Department Museum and Memorial
- The Museum of Contemporary Art
- Museum of Latin American Art
- Orange County Museum of Art
- The Paley Center for Media
- Pasadena Museum of California Art
- Santa Monica Museum of Art
- Skirball Cultural Center
- USC Pacific Asia Museum
General admission at all these museums will be free, but some may charge for special exhibitions. Also, parking fees will unfortunately still apply.
Enjoy your free museum day, SoCal!
Subscribe to the Hyperallergic newsletter!