We’re very happy to have partnered with 20×200 and Art Fag City to create the most useful guide (if I do say so myself) to this week’s events titled “Art Fag City & Hyperallergic Present the Very Excellent Event Guide to New York Art Fair Week” (sneak peek) for their very excellent survival kit.
Inside our contribution to the schwag bag are listings for tourists, residents and city natives of what to do to augment your art experience in New York. Whether it’s off-the-beaten path performance festivals, culinary artist events or lectures with people in the know, this is your go-to guide.
This exclusive Very Excellent Event Guide will be handed out with the schwag bags at various art fairs around the city, but most notably at the Jen Bekman Gallery booth at the Pulse art fair (125 W 18th Street, Manhattan, Booth #b-4). Pulse hours are:
- Thursday, March 3: 1 p.m.–8 p.m.
- Friday, March 4 + Saturday, March 5: noon–8 p.m.
- Sunday, March 6: noon–5 p.m.
We know you’ll be running up to the booth demanding our guide with bated breath, but check out all the other really useful and cool stuff inside including:
- packs of the mints with a kick courtresy Altoids,
- an Orabrush, cuz you know you need it sometimes,
- a shot of caffeinated goodness from illy issimo,
- some snack-licious loveliness from Popchips,
- the art hanging essentials from West Elm (tape measure & level) along with a discount card for your framing needs,
- an invite to the BAMart Auction,
- 20×200’s artful and useful Map of the 2011 New York Art Fairs drawn by artist Wendy MacNaughton, and
- 20×200 Magic Fortune Teller … yes, right in that very same tote bag.
There are more details on the 20×200 blog, including info on their 20×200 Tote See-And-Be-Seen Contest, where you can win gift certificates for art.
For the latest and greatest from the fairs you can follow us on Twitter — @hyperallergic — to get the word & pics from the New York art fairs. We’ll also be posting live photos on our tumblelog, Hyperallergic LABS, and longer posts from our team of Hyperallergic writers daily. This is going to be a very busy week. Wish us luck!
Subscribe to the Hyperallergic newsletter!