Barry Schwabsky, art critic for The Nation and co-editor of international reviews for Artforum, will lead a panel of judges as they select a winner from the seven finalists.
ArtCycle, an online e-commerce site, had an open call in the Fall of 2012 for MFA students and received nearly 100 entries. Seven finalists were chosen to represent the new crop of emerging talent in the city’s MFA programs, and the selected finalists hail from Hunter College, Columbia Univeristy, Parsons The New School of Design, and Pratt Institute.
A group exhibition will be held at Gallery Brooklyn (351 Van Brunt St, Red Hook, Brooklyn) featuring all of the finalists:
- Jenna Bauer, CUNY Hunter, painting
- Leo Castaneda, CUNY Hunter, painting
- Caroline Falby, CUNY Hunter, collage
- Bing Han, Parsons The New School for Design, painting
- Mira Hunter, Columbia University, performance/video
- Lilian Kreutzberger, Parsons The New School for Design, painting
- Shahpour Pouyan, Pratt Institute, painting/video
The winner of the first ArtCycle prize, which will be announced during the show, will be awarded $1,000.
The Discovers Prize group exhibition opens February 2nd, 2013, 6pm* at Gallery Brooklyn (351 Van Brunt St, Red Hook, Brooklyn).
*Courtesy shuttle available to Carroll St. stop (F, G trains) 7:30pm–9:00pm
For Additional information and preview exclusives please contact Richard Smolin, Director of ArtCycle. 917.273.6760 or Richard@artcycle.com or Gallery Brooklyn at email@example.com.
Subscribe to the Hyperallergic newsletter!