From day one, it was important to us at Hyperallergic that everyone be paid for their work, creative and otherwise.
Today, we formally announce that we will be paying our next class of Hyperallergic interns, who were previously provided with a small daily honorarium and paid as contributors for their blog posts.
By offering compensated positions, we’re hopefully creating opportunity for a wider range of students and emerging writers and photographers. Change happens slowly, but we’re committed to being a part of it.
Annual internship sessions (and their application due dates) are as follows:
- Fall Session: September–November (applications due June 15)
- Winter Session: December–February (applications due September 15)
- Spring Session: March –May (applications due December 15)
- Summer Session: June–August (applications due March 15)
Prospective interns can email the following to internships [at] hyperallergic.com:
- A note (roughly 250 words) explaining why Hyperallergic is a good fit, what you expect out of your internship, and a little about your experience in art, culture, writing, and journalism.
- Links to relevant clips — articles about art and culture you have published online.
- Links to your relevant social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, Instagram, Weibo, etc.).
Please note all interns must be available to work out of our Brooklyn office.
As arts communities around the world experience a time of challenge and change, accessible, independent reporting on these developments is more important than ever.
Please consider supporting our journalism, and help keep our independent reporting free and accessible to all.