On October 1, NYC’s apexart will accept submissions for their Unsolicited Proposal Program, a call for exhibition proposals from anyone, anywhere. No prior curatorial experience necessary.
Now in its 18th year, apexart’s Unsolicited Proposal Program uses a democratic process to determine the upcoming exhibition season:
- Submit a proposal for an idea-driven, group exhibition.
- Submissions consist of up to 500 words of text, no images or links accepted.
- Exhibition proposals will be accepted from October 1 – November 1, 2014.
- apexart will assemble an international jury of over 100 creative professionals who will vote on each submission online.
- apexart’s custom-made computer script analyzes the votes and determines which three proposals received the highest scores.
- Those three winners will receive financial and administrative support to mount their exhibition in apexart’s Manhattan space.
To submit an exhibition proposal, visit apexart.org/unsolicited starting on October 1.