- Number of hours the Alexander Calder-designed BMW car raced before it was permanently retired due to a damaged driveshaft = 7
- Average number of artworks bought by Eli and Edythe Broad a week = 1
- Number of Water Lilies paintings destroyed by Monet just before a 1908 exhibition = 15
- Number of local animal species in Cape Town that are drawn with reflective tape as part of Bryan Little’s The Endemic Project = 16
- Countries the United States has returned looted artifacts to since 2007 = 30
- Number of skull fragments used to reconstruct the forensic remains of a 435,000,000-year-old murder victim = 50
- Number of motorized seesaws installed in a deconsecrated church by Swiss artist Zimoun = 150
- Number of flowers that filled an abandoned house in Detroit this month as part of a temporary art installation = 4,000
- Pounds of debris the new Whitney Museum in New York can sustain with its high-tech flood-mitigation system = 6,750
- Age (in years) of an ancient fossilized fish discovered by a board member of the Creation Museum (where the Earth is declared to be only 6,000 years old) = 60,000,000
As arts communities around the world experience a time of challenge and change, accessible, independent reporting on these developments is more important than ever.
Please consider supporting our journalism, and help keep our independent reporting free and accessible to all.