Greenpoint Gallery Night returns to North Brooklyn this Friday. The neighborhood galleries will be open late on September 18, from 7 to 10pm. The evening will conclude with an afterparty at Broken Land (105 Franklin Street), starting at 10pm.
The Greenpoint area of Brooklyn has a growing and varied community of artists, galleries, collectives, and small businesses. In order to bring more attention and cohesion to this unique part of the borough, Scott Chasse of Calico Gallery and Lia Post of Fowler Arts voluntarily began organizing Greenpoint Gallery Night (GGN) in 2013. Currently, GGN is being organized by Chasse and Owen Houhoulis of Owen James Gallery — still completely a volunteer effort.
Hyperallergic is proud to be the media sponsor.
The full list of participating spaces are below:
- Booklyn Artist Alliance, 37 Greenpoint Ave • booklyn.org
- Calico, 67 West St • calicobrooklyn.com
- DUSK editions, 61 Greenpoint Ave • duskeditions.com
- Greenpoint Terminal Gallery, 67 West St • greenpointterminalgallery.
- The Java Project, 252 Java St • thejavaproj.com
- Owen James Gallery, 61 Greenpoint Ave • owenjamesgallery.com
- Superchief, 66 Greenpoint Ave • superchiefgallery.tumblr.com
- Three Kings Studio, 754 Manhattan Ave • threekingsstudio.com
- Yashar Gallery, 276 Greenpoint Ave • brooklynartstudiosnyc.
- Brouwerij Lane, 78 Greenpoint Ave • brouwerijlane.com
- Dandelion Wine, 153 Franklin St • dandelionwinenyc.com
GREENPOINT GALLERY NIGHT
Various locations throughout Greenpoint
Friday, September 18, 2015, 7–10pm
G train to Greenpoint Avenue