Support Hyperallergic’s independent arts journalism.
At the opening of Printed Matter’s NY Art Book Fair tonight, we’re launching a zine to help you navigate the fair and its many treasures. As a bonus, we’re also including a special “The Asshole Is the Revolution” poster by AA Bronson and his collaborator Keith Boadwee. AA Bronson has long been a pioneer in the field of art publishing as a member of the influential General Idea artist collective, a curator of Queer zines, and as the founding director of Printed Matter’s NY Art Book Fair.
If you see the Hyperallergic team, please say hi and ask for a zine. It will also be distributed at the fair in various locations.
For those of you who can’t make it to the fair, you can download a PDF (15.8MB) version. We will release zine #2 on Saturday, also at the NY Art Book Fair.
If you’re interested in what’s in this first edition, here is the table of contents:
- Comic by Jack Sjogren
- An interview with Paul Soulellis of the Printed Web
- Zine Reviews:
- Guide to Being Alone by Julia Arrendondo
- Temple of Skate by Hoyeah Studio
- Tokyo Diary by Margherita Urbani
- Cruisin’ Cruisers by Glen Baldridge
- Girls Like Us, Issue 7 by Maria Guggenbichler, Jessica Gysel, Sara Kaaman, and Katja Mater
- About Trees by Katie Holten
- Book Report: The Century of Artists’ Books
- Poster: AA Bronson and Keith Boadwee
A special thanks to designer Peter Rentz for his fantastic work on this.