The Laznia Centre for Contemporary Art in Gdansk, Poland, is hosting an open call to invite one artist to take part in Postcard from a City, which is organized as part of the international “Heroes We Love. Ideology, Identity and Socialist Art in New Europe” project, supported by the European program Creative Europe 2014−2020.
“Heres We Love” is aimed at fostering interdisciplinary research on the phenomenon of socialist art in its cultural, social-ideological, and political context, spanning the period from the inception of the communist/socialist states of Eastern Europe till today. It boldly explores the geopolitical term New Europe and encompasses the region from Poland to Albania in a joint international project.
Postcard from a City is a series of artistic interventions which will take place in the public space of Gdansk. The invited artist must produce a new work reflecting on the idea of the project, which will then be presented in June 2016 together with the works of other invited artists.
- December 13, 2015: Deadline for submitting an application
- February–March 2016: Two week research visit
- March–June 15, 2016: Development of art work
CCA Laznia will cover:
- Travel expenses (research visit, production visit) up to 2,000 PLN (~$496 USD)
- Per diems during research and production visit
- Artistic fee 2,500 PLN (~$620 USD)
- Material costs allowance up to 3000 PLN (~$744 USD) (paid upon submission of receipts)
- Space to live and work
Application deadline: December 13, 2015
Please email the following to [email protected] (pdf format in one zip file) with your name in the title:
- Artist’s statement mentioning the main points of focus in your body of work (1,500 words maximum)
- Artist’s CV
- Three completed art works related to the idea of the project
Co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union
For further information please visit: www.laznia.pl.