Studio Art Centers International in Florence, Italy, offers an MFA in Studio Art (Painting or Drawing), MFA in Photography, MFA in Communication Design, and MA in Art History to students seeking immersion in the culture and art of Europe in NASAD-accredited graduate-degree programs.
At SACI Florence, students and faculty form a community that emphasizes on-site learning and encourages creative approaches to art making, design, and scholarship. SACI’s mission is to create an enriching environment for scholars of studio art, design, art history, and conservation by offering:
- Mentorship and instruction in English from SACI’s outstanding faculty as well as access to an established network of artists, critics, theorists, curators, and publishers through SACI’s Arts Council and Friends of SACI
- Direct access to Florentine and Italian art and culture
- Individual graduate studios in a fully renovated Renaissance palazzo in the heart of Florence
- Extended field trips to European centers outside of Italy such as Berlin and London, as well as trips to the Venice Biennale and contemporary art exhibitions and fairs in Bologna, Milan, Turin, Naples, and Rome
- For-credit teaching assistantships open to students in their second year of the MFA programs
As arts communities around the world experience a time of challenge and change, accessible, independent reporting on these developments is more important than ever.
Please consider supporting our journalism, and help keep our independent reporting free and accessible to all.