The Grand Prize jury will be joined by five category award jurors to award half of the $500,000 in prizes at ArtPrize Eight this fall.
ArtPrize, the radically open international art competition determined equally by public vote and expert jury, recently announced the 2016 panel of jurors that will award the $200,000 Juried Grand Prize and $62,500 in Category Awards at the eighth iteration of ArtPrize, slated to take place in Grand Rapids, Michigan, from September 21–October 9.
The $200,000 Juried Grand Prize, presented by Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University, will be awarded by a panel of three jurors, including:
- Michelle Grabner, artist and professor at School of the Art Institute of Chicago;
- Paul Ha, Director at MIT List Visual Arts Center; and
- Eric Shiner, Director at The Andy Warhol Museum.
Five $12,500 Category Awards — four awarded to artists for outstanding work within their respective categories (2-D, 3-D, Time-Based and Installation) as well as one awarded to a venue for outstanding curatorial presentation — will be selected by:
- Tina Rivers Ryan, New York-based art historian and critic (2-D);
- Omar Lopez-Chahoud, Artistic Director and Curator of UNTITLED Art Fair, Miami Beach and San Francisco (3-D);
- Yesomi Umolu, writer and Exhibitions Curator at the Reva and David Logan Center for the Arts at the University of Chicago (Time-Based);
- Deana Haggag, Director of The Contemporary in Baltimore (Installation); and
- Steve Dietz, Founder, President, and Artistic Director of Northern Lights.mn in Minneapolis (Outstanding Venue).
Artist registration for ArtPrize Eight is now open through June 2 at 5pm EST. Register your work.