The world is coming to Los Angeles! Otis College of Art and Design announces an extraordinary lineup of artists and curators participating as reviewers and mentors for its June residency program. The inaugural session is taking place from June 4 – 25, 2017. Participating artists and designers will have many opportunities to engage with the art and design community through portfolio reviews, critiques, and discussions with leading artists and curators including:
- Connie Butler, Chief Curator, Hammer Museum;
- Meg Cranston, artist and Chair of Fine Arts, Otis College of Art and Design
- Sam Durant, multimedia artist;
- Rita Gonzalez, Assistant Curator, Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA);
- Suzanne Isken, Executive Director, Craft and Folk Art Museum;
- Jo Lauria, author and curator, Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA);
- Shamim M. Momin, Director, Curator, and Co-Founder, Los Angeles Nomadic Division (LAND);
- Aram Moshayedi, curator, Hammer Museum;
- Eve Schillo, curatorial assistant, Photography Department, Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA);
- Jennifer Steinkamp, installation artist;
- and Ulysses Jenkins, multimedia artist.
Keynote speakers for 2017 include film and television director Lesli Linka Glatter and curator Hans Ulrich Obrist.
Through access to Otis College’s advanced studios, the L.A. Summer Residency will provide participants an extensive time and space to produce work and investigate new ideas. Participants will be selected through a competitive application process. Applications are due February 28, 2017.
To apply: www.otis.edu/summer-residency