Brooklyn’s cultural scene starts hopping in September, and with so much to do, here’s our list of some events and happenings that should be on your radar for the coming months — from performance art to art parties, North Brooklyn is buzzing with activity.
For our complete list of activities pick up a copy of WG News, which is available for free around north Brooklyn. It has the run down of 10 things we consider important enough — outside the traditional white box gallery — to add to your local artistic diet, including:
- English Kills performance art-heavy program this fall (includes a ritual beating, hoorah!),
- Bushwick’s Beat Nite & BETA Spaces,
- Nuit Blanche in Greenpoint,
- Brooklyn’s roving Rubulad party, and
- some yarn bombing under the Williamsburg bridge.
But just to help you out, we’ve posted the pages that feature our listings below — click on the image for a larger version.
Editor’s note: Our listing for the Lori Ellison and Lars (aka Lawrence) Swan show at Valentine Gallery indicates that the space was started by Michael Ballou, but in fact it is by Fred Valentine … opps on our part!