Applications are now available for SVA’s Summer Residencies in New York City, offering artists, designers and creative thinkers time, space and a supportive community in which to develop ideas and focus on their artistic direction.
In addition to our time-honored studio residencies, a variety of innovative professional immersion programs provide opportunities for artists to explore new areas of social and technological practice and engage critically within their field. SVA’s state-of-the-art facilities offer a wealth of tools for innovation in art and design. A unique combination of creative and professional resources provides a rich environment for growth and opportunity in the current, vibrant art scene.
Visiting artists, curators, administrators and critics have included Vince Aletti, Suzanne Anker, Marshall Arisman, Heather Darcy Bhandari, Jennifer Blessing, Meir Gal, Milton Glaser, Steven Heller, Viktor Koen, Anne Pasternak, David Ross, Jerry Saltz, Todd Shalom, Kay Takeda, Alice Twemlow and Mark Tribe.
Priority application deadline: April 1, 2017
Residency Programs offered during the summer of 2017:
- Art Writing Summer Intensive
- City as Site: Performance and Social Interventions
- Design Writing and Research Summer Intensive
- Fine Arts: Residency in Contemporary Practices
- From the Laboratory to the Studio: Interdisciplinary Practices in Bio Art
- Future of Images: The Lens and Screen Arts
- Illustration and Visual Storytelling: Art and Industry
- Impact! Design Strategies for Community Engagement
- Impact! Strategies for Creative Intervention
- Painting and Mixed Media
- Sculpture, Installation and New Media Art
- SVATypeLab: Theory and Practice
- The Business of Type
- Virtual Reality Design and Storytelling