NYU Steinhardt is looking for ambitious, dedicated artists working in drawing, painting, video, photography, and sculpture who have completed a BFA or BA in the last five years. Successful applicants will demonstrate a committed studio practice and the desire for a close-knit community of critical thinkers.
The foundation of this year’s Summer Studio Residency, which runs from June 3 – July 28, is an innovative mentorship model in NYC.
Residents will benefit from:
- A practicing professional artist-mentor (Sam Anderson, Daniel Bejar, David Antonio Cruz, Valerie Hegarty, Joiri Minaya, or Chloe Seibert)
- A cohort of like-minded emerging artists interested in focusing on creative practice
- 24-hour access to a semi-private studio in 20 Cooper Square, alongside mentors
- Contemporary art readings and discussions
- Professional practice guidance
Small groups will meet with mentors weekly for personalized studio visits, workshops, and tailored field trips. Risk taking, experimentation, and dialogue are goals of the program.
Applications will be accepted until April 15, 2018. Scholarships are available.
Coordinator, NYU Summer Studio Residency
Professor Noel Anderson
Director, NYU Summer Art Programs
As arts communities around the world experience a time of challenge and change, accessible, independent reporting on these developments is more important than ever.
Please consider supporting our journalism, and help keep our independent reporting free and accessible to all.