Last night’s “Confronting Bushwick: A Discussion on the Nature and Future of the Bushwick Art Scene” was attended by roughly 120 people and there are already two five excellent reports published online about the event:
- “Bushwick Confronts Itself in Panel on Art Scene’s Future” by Benjamin Sutton (L Magazine)
- “Bigfoot in Bushwick” by Rachel Corbett (Artnet)
- “How Was Confronting Bushwick” by Katarina Hybenova and Terri Ciccone (Bushwick Daily)
- “Panel on the Bushwick Art Scene” by Charles Kessler (Left Bank Art Blog)
- “Bushwick: It’s Past, Present and Future” (Norte Maar blog)
I discovered after the panel that there was an active conversation happening in 140 characters and under throughout the night by @artfagcity, @powhida, @jamespanero, @ms_kianga, @manbartlett, @ruschka, @debrahampton, @stephentruax, @terriciccone, @christinaray and @bushwickdaily. You can see many of their tweets at the following hashtags: #bushwickarts and #BogartSalon.
Thank you to everyone who came out and this is only the beginning of a much larger conversation that will include a lot more people.