Support Hyperallergic’s independent arts journalism.
Led by expert faculty, this interdisciplinary M.A. provides an in-depth study of modern and contemporary art and the market from the mid-nineteenth century to the present day. It focuses on connoisseurship, art history and art market studies through object-based learning, and gain an insider’s understanding of current art business practices and the market.
Key program benefits:
- Study works of art first-hand at sites of production and exhibitions in New York City and beyond
- Unparalleled access to specialists and salerooms through their central location within Christie’s auction house at the Rockefeller Center
- A rigorous professional development workshop series and a 45-day internship at a notable art world organization
- A study trip to a major city in the art world. Recently this has included Venice, Berlin, London, Paris, and Miami
- Build professional networks through exclusive access to a wide-range of art world professionals
“Christie’s Education’s Modern and Contemporary Art and the Market program acted as a stepping stone into the art world, particularly for the New York art scene and the major players involved – many of whom came to speak at our seminars.” ~ Kathryn Widing (M.A. 2013), Associate Specialist, Co-Head of Mid-Season and Online Sales, Post War and Contemporary Art, Christie’s, New York.
This program has been successfully preparing students from a wide range of backgrounds since 1998 for careers in the commercial and not-for-profit sectors of the art world. Watch their program video to discover more.
For more information and to apply for the program, visit www.christies.edu/modern-contemporary-art-markets.