On Friday, June 21, enjoy exclusive access to the Library’s critically acclaimed exhibition Love & Resistance: Stonewall 50—closing soon—and a Pride-filled roster of after-hours events at NYPL.
The Library After Hours Pride edition will include:
- The Library’s exhibition Love & Resistance: Stonewall 50 featuring photographs, documents, ephemera, and more that illustrate the themes of nightlife, love, activism, and the queer press.
- Curator talk with Jason Baumann, the Library’s assistant director of Collection Development and curator of Love & Resistance.
- Artist talk with photographer Naima Green, creator of the project “Pursuit”, a deck of playing cards featuring queer womxn, trans, non-binary, and gender nonconforming people.
- A literary drag show with Drag Queen Story Hour and special guests.
- Morgan Bassichis, Vichet Chum, Dillon Heape, Donja R. Love and others read aloud from the Library’s vast LGBTQ archives, sharing love letters and unpublished materials by Virginia Woolf, James Baldwin, Truman Capote and more!
- Crafts and coloring inspired by NYPL collections.
- Music by DJ Robi D Light.
- Walt Whitman: America’s Poet exhibition.
Food & drinks available for purchase. Get tickets today.