LA Metro commissions artists to create artworks that improve the transit customer experience and contribute to the artistic vibrancy of the communities they serve. Metro invites visual artists to be considered for new artist opportunities.
Online submissions must be completed via SlideRoom by 11:59 pm (PST) on December 23, 2019.
- The Artist Pool will be one of the primary methods for inviting artists to apply for future Metro art opportunities.
- Opportunities include artwork integration within the built environment and short-term exhibitions in media, such as lightboxes, posters and construction phase banners.
- Inclusion in the Artist Pool does not guarantee a commission.
- Professional artists working in two- and three-dimensional media at all career stages that are interested in creating art for the public realm. Prior public art experience is not a requirement.
- Artists who are legally authorized to work in the United States (per U.S. Department of Labor).
- Metro employees and contractors are not eligible.
About Metro Art
For more information about the Metro Art program, projects in the works, tours, events, publications and artist opportunities:
Interested artists are encouraged to learn more about Metro Art and the 2020 Artist Pool by visiting metro.net/artistpool.