The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) is thrilled to offer over 50 art and design classes to students from across the globe this summer! Both emerging and established artists are invited to join SAIC faculty and fellow thinkers and makers for an exciting and immersive art-making experience in SAIC’s non-credit Adult Continuing Education program. Courses are available in a wide variety of studio and making areas — from Fashion Design to Painting to Creative Writing — as well as skill-based professional advancement courses in Interior Design, digital design programs including Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, Color Theory, and more.
On-campus and online courses will be offered in multi-week summer sessions, one-week and two-weekend intensives, and weekend workshops starting in June, July, and August.
Course offerings include:
- Intro to Interior Design, Online
- Art History from the Ground Up, Online
- SketchUp for Interiors, Online
- Intro to Drawing, Online
- Public Art in Chicago, On Campus
- Tilt-Shift: Perspectives on Photography, Online
- Sewing Techniques: Fundamentals, Online
- Digital Design: Adobe Photoshop, Online
- Sketching the Model: Gestures and Short Poses, Weekend Workshop, On Campus
- Painting Studio: Landscapes from Photographs, Weekend Workshop, On Campus
- Color Theory, Online
- Essential Anatomy for Life Drawing, Two Weekend Intensive, On Campus
- Experimental Drawing and Painting, One-Week Intensive, Online
SAIC also offers noncredit certificates designed to accommodate students with diverse interests and backgrounds. Programs take approximately one year to complete at a rate of one to two courses per term, and courses are offered year-round in a variety of formats, including semester-long options, intensives, and both online and on-campus offerings.
Certificates are offered in the following areas: Drawing, Fashion, Graphic Design, Studio Art & Design, Interior Design, and Painting.
See continuingstudies.saic.edu for more information and to register today.