Applications are now available for SVA’s Artist Residency Programs. Taking place on campus in New York City and across online platforms, these programs offer artists, designers, and creative thinkers time, space, and a supportive community in which to develop ideas and focus on their artistic direction.
Daily critiques, workshops, studio visits, lectures, and social events augment participants’ independent work.
Participants have the benefit of working in the School of Visual Arts’s dynamic, culturally-rich environment. Each program offers access to its own unique set of resources and spaces, whether on campus or online, that have been designed with artists and creative thinkers in mind.
With an emphasis on shared experience and community building, SVA’s Artist Residency Programs provide a platform where participants can build and expand their networks, creating lifelong connections with artists, critics, curators, and other arts professionals.
The following residency programs will be offered during Summer 2022:
- Interdisciplinary Practices in Bio Art
- Fine Arts: Contemporary Practices (June Session)
- Fine Arts: Contemporary Practices (July Session)
- Fine Arts: Painting and Mixed Media (June Session)
- Fine Arts: Painting and Mixed Media (July Session)
- Illustration and Visual Storytelling: Art and Industry (June Session)
- Illustration and Visual Storytelling: Art and Industry (July Session)
- Video for Photographers: The Still and Moving Image
- City as Site: Social Performance and Interventions
- Building Brands with Type
- Colloquium for International Artists and Designers
Recent faculty and lecturers have included Dara Birnbaum, Jodie Lyn-Kee-Chow, Ayana Evans, Tobias Frere-Jones, Sharon Louden, Thyrza Nichols-Goodeve, Alex Paik, Seph Rodney, Jerry Saltz, Accra Shepp, Mark Tribe, Andrea Tsurumi, Ed Woodham, and more.
The priority application deadline is April 1, 2022. Early application is highly recommended.
Visit sva.edu to apply or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.