Hyperallergic’s internship program is currently seeking candidates for the fall of 2017 and beyond. All interested candidates should be available for at least 10 sequential weeks during the session they apply for.
Our internship sessions, and their deadlines, are as follows:
- Fall Session: September–December (applications due August 1)
- Spring Session: January–May (applications due December 1)
- Summer Session: June–August (applications due March 1)
Qualifications: We’re looking for folks who love keeping a pulse on the art world and are passionate about journalism. The most important skill we’re looking for is strong writing, so send us your best clips! A penchant for puns is a plus. Both graduate and undergraduate students, with backgrounds in art history, journalism, or related fields, are encouraged to apply.
Duties: While the internship will be writing-focused, interns at Hyperallergic will have the opportunity to experience a bit of everything that goes on in the office. Duties will vary from research and fact-checking on stories to assisting with Hyperallergic’s social media.
Compensation: From day one, it was important to us at Hyperallergic that everyone be paid for their work, both creative and otherwise. All interns will be paid.
Prospective interns should email the following to internships [at] hyperallergic.com:
- A short cover letter (of roughly 250 words) explaining why Hyperallergic is a good fit for you, what you expect out of the internship, and a little about your experience in art, culture, writing, and journalism.
- Resume or CV (added as an attachment)
- Links to relevant clips: articles about art and culture you have published.
- Links to your relevant social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Weibo, etc.).
- The exact dates of your availability, and days of the week you are able to work. Interns will be expected to work from our office in Williamsburg at least two days a week.
We read every email, but due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we can’t respond to every one.