We want to take a moment to show our appreciation to our monthly sponsors for doing their part and helping us provide you with daily coverage of the art world.
- Collectrium provides an application that helps users identify art works out in the world. Just snap an image of a piece and Collectrium will provide instant information about the artwork, the artist and the gallery. You can add your own notes, mark as a favorite or share it with friends.
- Dia Art Foundation will be presenting Robert Whitman’s Passport, with simultaneous performances at Riverfront Park in Beacon, NY and Alexander Kasser Theater in Montclair, NJ on Saturday, April 16 and Sunday, April 17 at 8 pm.
- NYU Steinhardt opens Part I one of their 2011 MFA Thesis Exhibition on March 29, with an opening reception from 6 to 8 pm. The initial show features David J. Merritt, Carlos Reyes, Ben Schumacher and Jo-ey Tang. Part II opens April 26.
- Tyler School of Art at Temple University hosts Summer intensive painting and sculpture courses, 7-week immersion programs for artists interested in developing their work in a challenging and supportive environment. The application deadline is April 29.
- BAMart will host their seventh annual silent auction March 30 through April 10, featuring works in a variety of media and at all prices including pieces by Cindy Sherman, Jasper Johns and Richard Serra. All bidding will be done online, so be sure to check out the site.
Our readers know Hyperallergic is the blogazine of choice for intelligent, funny & insightful discussion about art. Our sponsors know that too. Once a month we introduce our sponsors to our readers and let them know a little more about who they are and what they do. You can say thanks to the companies that support Hyperallergic by tweeting about them and following them on Facebook.
Interested in becoming a sponsor? To find out more about sponsorship/advertising opportunities, visit Nectar Ads, the ad network for art.