There’s a world of opportunities for those who know where to look. To get you started, Hyperallergic has launched this monthly resource for artists and creatives eager to get their work out there and challenge themselves to create something new.
- As part of the program Destination>Brooklyn, the Office of the Brooklyn Borough President, One Brooklyn Fund, and NYC & Company Foundation are awarding $1,500 grants to Brooklyn-based 501c3 organizations to create, produce, and distribute print and online promotional materials for the grantee’s organization and emphasizing borough tourism. Applications are due June 6. [Brooklyn Arts Council]
- Applications are open for the Disability. Dance. Artistry. Residency Program, which awards residencies to up to three dance artists with spinal cord injury (SCI) and/or dance ensembles working with artists with SCI. Applications are due June 7. [Dance/NYC]
- Eyebeam’s 2020 Residency Open Call asks applicants, “How do acts of refusal manifest in one’s life and work poetically or directly?” Individual or collaborative projects are welcome to apply to create experimental, interdisciplinary works that fuse art and technology. The residency will run from January 2020 through June 2020, with a $22,000 stipend offered to all residents. Applications are due June 21. [Eyebeam]
- Apply to the Firelight Media Documentary Lab, an 18-month fellowship program that supports filmmakers from racially and ethnically underrepresented communities. The program is designed for filmmakers creating their first or second long-form documentary film, focusing on underrepresented communities, whether they be “historical, investigative, personal, verité, or experimental.” The program partners filmmakers with prominent documentarians, funding, and various workshops. Applications are due June 17. [Firelight Media]
- The Jericho Fellowship is awarding four prizes for an essay, a play, artwork, and innovative project based on the theme “epiphany.” Awardees will receive a grant and be invited to a four-day cultural symposium in Venice, Italy. Applications must be submitted by July 30. [Jericho Fellowship]
- The Reel Sisters of the Diaspora Film Festival & Lecture Series, a two-day film festival devoted to women of color, is accepting film applications in all genres and formats with a special interest in submissions from animated and web series producers. Reel Sisters is an Academy Qualifying Film Festival for Short Narratives. The festival was founded by African Voices magazine and LIU’s Media Arts Dept., Brooklyn Campus in 1997. Applications are due June 14. [Film Freeway]
- Two Trees NY is accepting applications for a rent subsidy program for cultural spaces in DUMBO, Brooklyn, open to artists and arts, education, and community-focused groups. Leases granted will be for three (3) years at $12/RSF per year. Applications close June 15. [Two Trees NY]
Check out even more opportunities at hyperallergic.com/opportunities.
As arts communities around the world experience a time of challenge and change, accessible, independent reporting on these developments is more important than ever.
Please consider supporting our journalism, and help keep our independent reporting free and accessible to all.