From now through November 1, 2019 Southeastern artists, both emerging and established, are invited to apply for ArtFields, an annual, nine-day art competition and exhibition in Lake City, South Carolina. Now in its eighth year, the competition will offer selected artists exposure to the thousands of art lovers, collectors and curators who come to see Lake City transform into a town-wide gallery each spring and the opportunity to compete for over $145,000 in prizes.
ArtFields started in 2013 with a simple goal: honor Southeastern artists with nearly two weeks worth of celebration and competition. To date, ArtFields has awarded nearly $800,000 in prize money, helped launch the careers of countless artists, and ultimately led to Lake City’s transformation into a burgeoning arts mecca.
Adult artists of all working media, who reside in the competition’s 12 participating Southern states including – Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia, are welcome to apply.
- Call For Entries – September 1 – November 1, 2019
- Selected Artists Notified – December 2019
- ArtFields 2020 – April 24 – May 2, 2020
- Grand Prize – $50,000
- Second Place- $25,000
- People’s Choice 2D – $12,500
- People’s Choice 3D – $12,500
- Merit Awards- $2,000 (10 awards)
- Category Awards (Digital/New Media & Film, Drawing, Installation & Performance, Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture & Objects, Textile) – $1,500 (10 awards)
- State Awards – $1,000 (12 awards, one per state)
For more information about the ArtFields rules and application, visit www.artfieldssc.org/prizes-and-rules.