ACID–FREE is pleased to announce the return of the Los Angeles Art Book Market & Bazaar, a three-day event organized by a programming committee of L.A.-based publishers, librarians, and curators, hosted by Blum & Poe Los Angeles.
Following the success of our inaugural Market in 2018 and our temporary installation at Frieze Los Angeles (‘Acid–Frieze’), join us November 1–3 for the 2019 Acid-Free Los Angeles Art Book Market. A–F II provides a platform for 90+ West Coast and international exhibitors presenting new publications and projects alongside video, music, and discursive programming.
Programming highlights include:
- film programming by Now Instant Image Hall and La Collectionneuse;
- an archival exhibition curated by Guadalupe Rosales
- a roundtable discussion hosted by Anthea Black on the ethics of re-publication
- a talk on the mechanics of the ‘white gaze’ presented by Michelle Dizon and Việt Lê
- a performance by Gabrielle Civil excerpted from her work “Q & A,” activating and reflecting on Black feminist body politics in public space
This year will also premiere the Bazaar, a new outdoor publishing-adjacent area including presentations by Artists 4 Democracy, High Desert Test Sites, Virgil Normal, and more.
Also announcing new A–F limited fundraising editions in support of the market, including denim totes by 69, Tees by Brian Roettinger for Stüssy, and a suite of print editions by Galería Perdida, Masanao Hirayama, and Stefan Marx.
November 1, 6 – 9 pm
Music by Pacoima Techno
November 2 + 3, 11 am – 7 pm
ACID-FREE is hosted by Blum & Poe (2727 La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90034).
For full programming schedule and information, visit acid-free.info.