There’s a world of opportunities for those who know where to look. To get you started, Hyperallergic has launched this monthly resource for artists and creatives eager to get their work out there and challenge themselves to create something new.
- Independent publisher A Public Space has launched a nine-month editorial fellowship program, based in downtown Brooklyn. Applications are open through January 15, 2020. | A Public Space
- The Art Studio NY is seeking art teachers to lead classes for adults and children. The application deadline is December 15, 2019. | NYFA
- The Bronx Council on the Arts is accepting applications for the 2020 BRIO Award for Bronx artists working in literary, media, performing, and visual arts. The deadline for applications is December 16, 2019. | Bronx Arts
- The Brooklyn Museum is hiring an editor of publications and interpretation. | Brooklyn Museum
- Marquis Studios in New York City is looking for teaching assistants to work with its children’s after-school programs for visual and performing arts across the city. The application deadline is December 14, 2019. | NYFA
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art is hiring an associate curator of modern and contemporary art. | NYFA
- Formerly incarcerated artists are invited to apply to the 2020 Right of Return USA fellowship. The fellowship grants a $10,000 artist award and $10,000 for materials and production to artists “working in all creative disciplines to challenge mass incarceration—including visual, performance, poetry, media, design, and other artistic practices.” The application deadline is January 10, 2020. | Soze
- Trestle Gallery is seeking applicants for its Visiting Artist Residency, which takes place January 1–June 30. Applications are due December 10, 2019. | Trestle Gallery
There’s still time to apply for opportunities that appeared in November’s “Opportunities for Artists”:
- The Alys Foundation is accepting applications for the 13th annual Digital Graffiti FestivalDG2020 at Alys Beach, Florida. Selected digital art will be showcased May 15–16, 2020. Awards include Best of Show ($5,000), Curator’s Choice ($2,000), and three Special Recognition honors ($1,000 each). The deadline to submit is February 1, 2020. |
- Beam Camp, a collaborative building and design summer camp in Strafford, New Hampshire, is looking for large-scale projects to be brought to life by its campers, aged 10–17. Proposals must be submitted by January 6, 2020. | Beam Camp
- The Cumbe: Center for African and Diaspora Dance is seeking part-time studio assistants with a starting rate of $15/hour. | Brooklyn Arts Council
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) launched a call for its 2020 artist pool. Metro Art commissions artworks in transit facilities around the city. Applications are due December 9, 2019. | Metro Art
Check out even more opportunities at hyperallergic.com/opportunities.