There’s a world of opportunities for those who know where to look. To get you started, Hyperallergic has launched this monthly resource for artists and creatives eager to get their work out there and challenge themselves to create something new.
- apexart‘s open call invites proposals for group exhibitions taking place outside of NYC. Applications are open through March 1. | apexart
- K-12 artists in the city of Pittsburgh are invited to apply to participate in BOOM Concepts‘s exhibition Our Future. Applications are due March 15. | BOOM Concepts
- Applications for the Chautauqua School of Art residency program are open through March 2. | Chatauqua
- The CUE Art Foundation is accepting applications to write about an upcoming exhibition by Myeongsoo Kim in New York, for its Art Critic Mentoring Program, through February 14. | CUE
- The Creative Time Emerging Artist Open Call offers emerging NYC artists resources to create public artwork. Proposals must be submitted by March 15. | Creative Time
- The Lower Manhattan Cultural Council‘s nine-month studio-based residency, Workspace, is accepting applications through February 27. | LMCC
- NYC Health + Hospitals Arts in Medicine (AIM), with support from the Laurie M. Tisch Illumination Fund, is accepting applications for artists interested in working with the NYC Health + Hospitals Community Murals Project (CMP). The application deadline is February 7. | Residency Unlimited
- The PASEO Festival in New Mexico has launched a call for artists to create installations, projection, and/or performance art. Proposals will be accepted through February 29. | PASEO
- Applications for the Sharjah Film Platform Short Film Production Grant, which offers funds of up to $30,000, are open through March 15. Winning films will be shown at the Sharjah Film Platform festival in December 2020. | Sharjah Art Foundation
- Squeaky Wheel‘s workspace residency is accepting applications for its Summer 2020 session. The deadline is February 20. | Squeaky Wheel
There’s still time to apply for an opportunity that appeared in January’s “Opportunities for Artists”:
- The Neon Museum in Las Vegas is seeking candidates for its annual National Artist Residency. The submission deadline is February 7. | Neon Museum
Check out even more opportunities at hyperallergic.com/opportunities.
As arts communities around the world experience a time of challenge and change, accessible, independent reporting on these developments is more important than ever.
Please consider supporting our journalism, and help keep our independent reporting free and accessible to all.