There’s a world of opportunities for those who know where to look. To get you started, Hyperallergic has launched this monthly resource for artists and creatives eager to get their work out there and challenge themselves to create something new.
- The Arab Fund for Arts and Culture and the Prince Claus Fund has opened applications for the 7th Arab Documentary Photography Program through May 1. | Magnum
- Black, brown, and Indigenous filmmakers are invited to submit their narrative, documentary, and experimental films to BlackStar Film Festival. The preferred deadline is March 18, and the late deadline is April 13. | Film Freeway
- CUE is accepting proposals for solo exhibitions and curatorial projects through March 18. | CUE
- The 2020 Library of Congress Lavine/Ken Burns Prize for Film is accepting applications through May 1. | Better Angels Society
- The NYC Department of Cultural Affairs will welcome four artists to its Public Artists in Residence (PAIR) program in 2020, who will work with four city agencies (Civic Engagement Commission, Department of Sanitation, Commission on Human Rights, and Mayor’s Office of Criminal Justice). Applications are open through March 29. | NYC Culture
- The Oklahoma Visual Arts Commission is seeking applications from Oklahoma artists for its traveling 24 Works on Paper exhibition through May 1. | OVAC
- The Palestinian Museum has opened a call for papers for the museum’s research and civic engagement program. Submissions are due April 1. | Palestinian Museum
- Procreate Project will accept submissions for the 3rd Mother Art Prize for women and non-binary visual artists with caring responsibilities, through March 13. | Procreate Project
- Project for Empty Space is seeking applicants for its Feminist in Residence Program (April 17 deadline) and Artist in Residence program (May 1 deadline). | PES
There’s still time to apply for opportunities that appeared in February’s “Opportunities for Artists”:
- K-12 artists in the city of Pittsburgh are invited to apply to participate in BOOM Concepts’s exhibition Our Future. Applications are due March 15. | BOOM Concepts
- The Creative Time Emerging Artist Open Call offers emerging NYC artists resources to create public artwork. Proposals must be submitted by March 15. | Creative Time
- Applications for the Sharjah Film Platform Short Film Production Grant, which offers funds of up to $30,000, are open through March 15. Winning films will be shown at the Sharjah Film Platform festival in December 2020. | Sharjah Art Foundation
Ceramic fried eggs, critiques of real estate, and a whole booth dedicated to female-identifying saints caught my eye at Untitled, NADA, and Art Miami.
The Manhattan District Attorney’s office recovered 23 looted objects from Shelby White’s home over the last year and a half.
The award-winning Canadian artist explores notions of power through the imagery of science fiction in portraits, sculpture, and objects.
An egregious “anti-woke” billboard erected in Los Angeles attempts to sow division among Latino/a/x communities.
This week, missed signs of previous life on Mars, the appeal of forged art, and why are blue whales singing in lower octaves?
This affordable, interdisciplinary program with excellent facilities and private studios offers in-person instruction for 2023.
All the Beauty and the Bloodshed forcefully posits multiple parallels between the world Nan Goldin grew up in and the one she fights in today.
Your list of must-see, fun, insightful, and very Los Angeles art events this month, including Bob Thompson, Aimee Goguen, Uta Barth, the Transcendental Painting Group, and more.
The latest episode of this documentary series on PBS explores the meaning of home through handmade objects, hand built homes, and the artists who create them.
There is the singular artist and then there is the more exclusive club that has only one member. Harvey belongs to the latter.
The artists say the Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma must sever ties with Poju Zabludowicz, whose wealth comes in part from Israeli defense contracting.
Rhode Island School of Design opens registration for its residential summer Pre-College program and year-round online intensive Advanced Program Online.
Vanessa Albury, whose eco-friendly ceramic sculptures help revive filter-feeder populations, is raising funds to complete her first film about the project.
An archeological exploration of the amphitheater’s sewers and water systems uncovered remnants of meat, vegetables, olives, nuts, and yes, pizza.