Hosted by the MFA programs in Painting, Sculpture, and Graphic Design at Boston University, the Tuesday Night Lecture series brings practicing artists and curators to Boston University to present their work. The series is an integral component of the MFA programs in Painting, Sculpture, and Graphic Design, which provide two years of intensive studio practice and artistic community in the heart of Boston University’s urban campus.
“This series brings students into conversation with artists and curators who are defining and redefining contemporary art,” says Josephine Halvorson, Professor of Art and Chair of Graduate Studies in Painting. “An integral part of the curriculum, it teaches the importance of community and of the diverse approaches to painting, sculpture, and design in the 21st century.” In addition to a public lecture on their work, visiting artists meet with students for individual and group critiques as well as hands-on workshops.
Past visiting artists include Meriem Bennani, Jordan Casteel, Mathew Cerletty, Abigail DeVille, Rochelle Feinstein, Corin Hewitt, Tomashi Jackson, Steffani Jemison, Vishal Jugdeo, Allison Katz, Caitlin Keogh, Steve Locke, Adam Milner, Troy Michie, Ulrike Müller, Tammy Nguyen, Jennifer Packer, Karthik Pandian, Gala Porras-Kim, Matt Saunders, Jim Skuldt, Tschabalala Self, Alexandria Smith, Emily Mae Smith, Peter Saul, Catherine Sullivan, Didier William, Caroline Woolard, and Lisa Yuskavage.
Fall 2020 Speakers
- John C. Welchman | Tuesday, September 15, 7:30pm (EDT)
- Andy Robert | Tuesday, September 22, 7:30pm (EDT)
- Tom Holmes | Tuesday, October 6, 7:30pm (EDT)
- Gordon Hall | Friday, October 9, 4pm (EDT)
- Daniela Rivera | Tuesday, October 13, 7:30pm (EDT)
- Tishan Hsu | Tuesday, October 20, 7:30pm (EDT)
- Kianja Strobert | Tuesday, October 27, 7:30pm (EDT)
- Jerome Harris | Tuesday, November 10, 7:30pm (EST)
- Anthea Hamilton | Tuesday, November 17, 5pm (EST)
- Julianne Swartz | Tuesday, December 1, 7:30pm (EST)
For lecture registration details and further information on this semester’s visiting artists, visit bu.edu/cfa/lecture-series.