From now through November 1, Southeastern artists, both emerging and established, are invited to apply for ArtFields, an annual nine-day art competition and exhibition in Lake City, South Carolina. Heading into its twelfth year, the competition will offer selected artists exposure to the thousands of art lovers, collectors, and curators who come to see Lake City transform into a town-wide gallery each spring — as well as the opportunity to compete for over $100,000 in prizes.
ArtFields started in 2013 with a simple goal: To honor Southeastern artists with nearly two weeks of celebration and competition. To date, ArtFields has awarded over $1 million in prize money, helped launch the careers of countless artists, and ultimately led to Lake City’s transformation into a burgeoning arts center.
Adult artists working in any form of media who reside in the competition’s 12 participating Southern states (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia) are welcome to apply. The application fee is $25.
- Application Deadline: November 1, 2023
- Selected Artists Notified: December 2023
- ArtFields 2024: April 26–May 4, 2024
- Grand Prize: $50,000
- Second Place: $25,000
- People’s Choice 2D: $12,500
- People’s Choice 3D: $12,500
- Merit Awards: $2,000 (Five awards)
- Southeastern Partner Awards: Solo Exhibitions, Residencies, Public Art Projects, etc.
For more information, visit artfieldssc.org.