How can we tap into our power? This year, every inch of the Rubin seeks to help answer this question by exploring how we can mobilize the power that starts within us and flows between us.
On May 7, the Rubin Museum of Art presents Power Trip, an artful evening of Museum-wide experiences, flavors, and sensations. Visitors can explore the Himalayan goddess Tara, the bodhisattva of wisdom, and her uncanny ability to help us conquer our fears. They can take part in an exciting performative power disruption inspired by Tara, spark conversation, and enjoy delicious food and drinks at this one-of-a-kind cocktail and performance extravaganza—all in support of the Rubin.
The event will help the Rubin bring the enriching ideas of the Himalayas to life for all.
Artists and Performances include:
- Performance by SOMOS MONSTROS: Raúl de Nieves and Erik Zajaceskowski
- An Excerpt from Power Inside & Between part of the Pentacle Dance Series by Davalois Fearon Dance
- Vedic Astrology Reading with Pallavi Shastri
- Memory Palace Trip with the Rubin’s very own Tim McHenry
- Sound Healing with Yanik Jayaram
- Flower Mandala with Lotus Wei
Tickets are available for purchase online at RubinMuseum.org/Fete. Individual tickets are $100 in advance; $125 at the door, sponsorships available starting at $1,000. Tickets are non-refundable. $50 is tax-deductible and the entire amount will support the Rubin.
Generous Sponsors – Douglas Durst, Eileen Caulfield Schwab, Shelley and Donald Rubin, Tongtong Zhu
Beverage Sponsors – Beer provided by Brooklyn Brewery, Tea provided by AriZona Beverages USA
For more information about the event, visit rubinmuseum.org/power-fete.