There’s a world of opportunities for those who know where to look. To get you started, Hyperallergic has launched this monthly resource for artists and creatives eager to get their work out there and challenge themselves to create something new.
- A Poets’ Agora’s residency program in Athens, Greece is seeking applicants for a two-week poetry residency, taking place May 16 to May 30. Applications are due January 31. | A Poets’ Agora
- The 2020 Black Art Futures Fund is accepting applications of interest for its third cycle. Eligible candidates are “small Black arts not-for-profit organizations (organizations founded, led, and primarily serving Black communities) or fiscally sponsored entities (operating for more than 1 year with this relationship) with annual budgets $750,000.” The application, due January 21, is required for organizations that would like to submit a full applicaiton. | Black Art Futures Fund
- Applications for BRIC ArtFP, an open call for Brooklyn artists to exhibit their work in BRIC’s Project Room and Hallway spaces, are open through January 27. | BRIC
- The MacDowell Colony is accepting applications for its Summer 2020 residency season. The application deadline is January 15. | MacDowell Colony
- The Neon Museum in Las Vegas is seeking candidates for its annual National Artist Residency. The submission deadline is February 7. | Neon Museum
- The NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship offers $7,000 unrestricted grants to artists who have lived in New York State or one of the Indian Nations located in the state for two or more consecutive years. Applications are due January 22. | NYFA
- The New York Foundation for the Arts is seeking applicants for its sixth Emerging Leaders Program for arts administrators. Applications are due February 3. | NYFA
- The Ontario College of Art and Design University (OCAD U) is seeking Black candidates of African descent for three tenure-track positions within its Faculty of Design and design-related Graduate Studies. | Arts Journal
- The Politits Art Coalition launched a call for artists to contribute to its We Want As Much exhibition. Applications are open through January 20. | Politits Art Coalition
There’s still time to apply for opportunities that appeared in December’s “Opportunities for Artists”:
- The Alys Foundation is accepting applications for the 13th annual Digital Graffiti FestivalDG2020 at Alys Beach, Florida. Selected digital art will be showcased May 15–16, 2020. Awards include Best of Show ($5,000), Curator’s Choice ($2,000), and three Special Recognition honors ($1,000 each). The deadline to submit is February 1. |
- Independent publisher A Public Space has launched a nine-month editorial fellowship program, based in downtown Brooklyn. Applications are open through January 15. | A Public Space
Check out even more opportunities at hyperallergic.com/opportunities.