Applications are now available for SVA’s Summer Residency Programs, offering artists, designers and creative thinkers time, space and a supportive community in which to develop ideas and focus on their artistic direction.
The programs being offered during the summer of 2021 are:
- Interdisciplinary Practices in Bio Art
- Fine Arts: Contemporary Practices
- Fine Arts: Painting and Mixed Media
- Sculpture, Installation, and New Media Art
- Photography and Video
- Colloquium for International Artists and Designers
- The Artist Residency Project
- Illustration and Visual Storytelling: Art and Industry
- Design Writing and Research
- Photo/Video: The Lens and Screen Arts
- Situation as Site: Social Performance and Interventions
- O My Friends, There is No Friend: Politics, Affiliation, and the Philosophy of Friendship
- Documentary Filmmaking
Applications are available for SVA’s Summer Residency Programs—on-campus in New York City and across online platforms.
Participants in the Summer Residency Program have the benefit of working in SVA’s dynamic, culturally rich environment. Each program offers access to its own unique set of resources and spaces, whether on-campus or online, that have been designed with artists and creative thinkers in mind.
With an emphasis on shared experience and community building, the Summer Residency Program provides a platform where participants can build and expand their networks and create lifelong connections with artists, critics, curators, and other arts professionals.
The priority application deadline is April 1, 2021. Learn more at sva.edu/residency.
To apply or request further information about SVA’s Summer Residency Programs, email email@example.com to get in touch with William Patterson, Coordinator, Summer Residency Programs, Division of Continuing Education, School of Visual Arts.
Follow SVA’s Summer Residency Programs on Instagram and Facebook!