Support Hyperallergic’s independent arts journalism.
- Do most celebrities get to enter major museums when no one else is around?
- Regular people don’t get to stand that close.
- The Mona Lisa looks less European than we’re often led to believe.
- Buzzfeed has lost its mind when it titles its post about this pic “No Picture Matters More Than Beyoncé And Jay Z Posing In Front Of The Mona Lisa: It might very well be the best picture of our generation. Or any generation.” GTFO!
- “These two dumbasses in Louvre is like an archaeologist at a nightclub.” —Sarvagya Kaushal
- Who took the photo, their publicist?
- “illuminati conspiracy” —BetterOffJen
- What does it mean that two people who are soo establishment are still considered cool by fashion publications like Cosmo?
- Is Beyoncé going to rip this off somehow?
- Why isn’t Blue Ivy in this photo when we know she was there?
- “holyshitwhofuckingcares” —@joshperilo
- Why are their backs to the art?
- Kanye and P.Diddy did it first.
Of course, that image isn’t the only one the couple posted from the Louvre.
Find the perfect gifts for friends and family.
There is nothing extraordinary about Murphy’s subjects and yet there is something inexplicably disturbing about her paintings and drawings.
This exhibition in Great Falls, Montana addresses the concept of intention in contemporary fiber art and its complex relationship with the history of women’s art as craft.
Participatory photography aims to counter the pitfalls of photography as an exploitative or voyeuristic medium.
This week, a Frank Stella is installed as a public artwork in NYC, the women behind some iconic buildings, looting Cambodia, fighting anti-boycott laws, and more.
Explore new avenues in artistic practice and scholarship amongst a diverse cohort of peers while gaining leadership skills both academically and professionally.
An Original Copy of US Constitution Sells for $43.2 Million, Becoming Most Expensive Document Ever Sold
MoMA board member Ken Griffin went well over asking for the document, beating out cryptocurrency enthusiasts who crowdfunded to purchase it.
The painting by David Allan has been acquired by the National Galleries of Scotland.
In this exhibition, curated by Patrick Flores and presented by Taipei Fine Arts Museum, Paiwan artist Sakuliu reflects on interspecies co-sharing and coexistence.
Westfall stays true to his love of planar geometry, while finding ways to undermine all traces of predictability and stability.
Hogarth and his contemporaries agreed that human life was a stinking and dirty business once you had skimmed the froth off the top.
Nothing like saying Happy Thanksgiving with a postcard of a turkey with a knife and fork sticking out of it.